Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500 mg 90 Vegetarian Capsules
Acetyl L-Carnitine (500 mg):
Acetyl-L-carnitine is an amino acid (a building block for proteins) that is naturally produced in the body. It helps the body produce energy. It is used for a variety of mental disorders including Alzheimer’s disease, age-related memory loss, late-life depression thinking problems related to alcoholism and thinking problems related to Lyme Disease. It is also used for Down syndrome, poor circulation in the brain, cataracts, nerve pain due to diabetes, nerve pain due to drugs used in the treatment of AIDS, and facial paralysis. Some men use acetyl-L-carnitine for infertility, symptoms of “male menopause” (low testosterone levels due to aging), and a disease of the penis called Peyronie’s disease. The body can convert L-carnitine to acetyl-L-carnitine and vice versa. But, no one knows whether the effects of acetyl-L-carnitine are from the chemical itself, from the L-carnitine it can make, or from some other chemical made along the way. For now, don’t substitute one form of carnitine for another.
Research indicates that Acetyl-L-Carnitine may provide a broad spectrum of benefits, including :
- Improving memory problems in elderly people.
- Improving memory in people who use alcohol excessively. Taking acetyl-L-carnitine seems to improve memory in 30-60 year-old people whose use of alcohol has produced long-term thinking problems.
- Reducing nerve pain (neuropathy) caused by diabetes. Acetyl-L-carnitine reduces pain best in people who have not had diabetes for a long time or who have poorly controlled type 2 diabetes.
- Treating Peyronie’s disease, a connective tissue disease in men. Acetyl-L-carnitine seems to be more effective than a drug called tamoxifen for reducing pain and slowing worsening of the condition.
- Treating male infertility caused by inflammation of some reproductive organs and tissues (prostate, seminal vesicles, and epididymis). Taking acetyl-L-carnitine by mouth, along with L-carnitine for 6 months, seems to increasesperm count and sperm movement. The carnitines are used following 2 months of treatment with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such aspirin.
- Treating symptoms of age-related testosterone deficiency (“male menopause”). Taking acetyl-L-carnitine by mouth along with propionyl-L-carnitine seems to help symptoms related to declining male hormone levels. This combination taken for 6 months seems to improve sexual dysfunction, depression, andfatigue in much the same way the male hormone testosterone does.
- Improving blood flow to the brain. Administering a single dose of acetyl-L-carnitine intravenously (by IV) seems to produce short-term improvements in blood flow in the brains of people who have poor blood circulation in the brain.
- Treating Alzheimer’s disease. Acetyl-L-carnitine is more likely to help those with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease who are less than 66 years of age and have a faster rate of disease progression and mental decline.
- Supports cellular energy production and helps the body produce energy. It is important for heart and brain function, muscle movement, and many other body processes. It maintains cell functions and it is well suited for mental nourishment.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.