Why Patients Choose Integrative Health Solutions?
Dr. Bronner is known to be a leading thyroid doctor. He has been working with patients who are struggling with hypothyroidism for more than 20 years. It is common for people with hypothyroidism to struggle for many years until they can find solutions.
- We make sure to do the most comprehensive testing that is available to truly identify where your thyroid imbalances are.
- We look for the root causes of your hypothyroidism such as autoimmune antibodies and or nutrient deficiencies.
- Once we have identified where the imbalance is we are able to address these effectively and efficiently.
Hypothyroidism-Educational Video regarding testing and treatments.
Hypothyroidism – Details
Hypothyroidism refers to and occurs when there is a lack of thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormone is essential for the overall functioning of our bodies. It is responsible for our metabolism, body temperature, ability to burn fat, and overall energy. When we have a lack of these hormones many symptoms can occur that can affect our quality of our lives.
Hypothyroidism is on the rise due to environmental conditions. Various factors can affect thyroid function.
Many people who are hypothyroid and are currently being treated with T4 only medication may find that their treatment feels woefully inadequate and they are left with many of the lingering symptoms of hypothyroidism. This is because the body needs liothyronine, T3 to actually run, and without checking this number you really don't have the whole picture. Reverse T3 is another marker that must be assessed to verify the proper and optimal functioning of the thyroid. It is also very important to check for thyroid antibodies to make sure we do not have an autoimmune condition that is attacking the thyroid gland.
We make sure to check all the variables and cover all the bases.
If you're looking for help, and feel that you are not being heard by your doctors, then let Integrative Health Solutions be your one-stop destination when it comes to treatment for hypothyroidism.
Causes of is Hypothyroidism
The two main causes of Hypothyroidism are -
- Inflammation of the thyroid. Most often this is because of autoimmune antibodies. These antibodies attack and overtime destroy the thyroid tissue leading to lower hormone production. It is very important to identify this so that things can be done to mitigate this damage.
- Nutrient deficiencies also can lead to poor thyroid function. This most often occurs when there are no antibodies present but the patient is still hypothyroid. In these cases we like to look at iodine levels and other nutrients to make sure there are no deficiencies. Gastrointestinal function can play a role in thyroid health as well.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
● Hair loss
● Feeling cold
● Weight gain or weight loss
● Memory loss
● Joint pain
● Dry skin
● Poor immune function
● Early aging
At Integrative Health Solutions we strive to help support our patients who are struggling with thyroid conditions of all kinds by completing thorough testing and providing state of the art treatment protocols.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.